Where do I begin?


Who ever is reading this blog,do not get mislead that I'm a great cook. I'm one of those people who was ready to buy some instant noodles and get the *bleep out of the grocery store.Yep.It all started, not the day I got married,15 days after.There I was standing in a strange land,strange people everywhere and a new husband(ofcourse, you don't want him to know that, you can't cook). A nice sunday afternoon. Friends invited us for lunch.Then my hubby took me out for a drive into this new place, which had all these little indian shops, like dosa express,bombay chat etc., and I got excited..more junk food..yay!!! But he said, we can get that, once we buy our groceries..screeeeeeeeeech..I had to rewind my whole life for a minute..nope..never been to a grocery store..thats when the noodles story happened..


I had to call a friend..had to ask what it is that you put in sambhar 'kadala paruppu or thuvaram paruppu'.You would think that was easy..nope..everything was in hindi..We had to go back like three times to get everything.You know who I got mad at, My mom.As much as I love her, that woman screwed me over, as much as she can. She is a wonderful cook, but ,when she was cooking, man, she never let me into her kitchen.I was only allowed to do the royal duties of holding the jar in place when she was making chutneys,taste the food for salt before everybody else in the palace ate,or, in case of national emergencies make an egg omelette for everybody.
So this is my attempt to, learn to cook, as good as my Mom and screw my kids as much as I can.What about my husband?...well,he is learning to lie.

Comments

  1. Haha my mom doesn't let me do anything in her kitchen either... Just the edupidi vaelais as you said! Also, she finishes preparing lunch even before I wake up :D so who's to blame here?! ;) Good luck with blogging and not forgetting the password! :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment